1st WG1 Foundations Meeting
CES-Lisbon Picoas Plaza
The first scientific meeting of the EMPOWER-SE COST Action will revolve around the Working Group (WG) on theoretical foundations of SE (“Foundations”).
The main objective of this WG is to identify and bind the variety of SE conceptions and models at the local level. For this first meeting bringing together 65 researchers from 44 countries, the specific objectives are:
- To take stock of the work carried out in the framework of the “International Comparative Social Enterprise Models” (ICSEM) Project launched in 2013 and still in operation.
- To reach final steps in the preparation of ICSEM major publications (books and journal special issues).
- To identify ways to allow COST researchers from Full COST Countries and Near Neighbouring Countries not covered by the ICSEM Project preparing “country contributions” along the same lines and therefore catching up.
This event was approved by the Management Committee of the Action during its first meeting last November.
The preliminary includes three major sessions aiming to:
- Create synergies between WG1 of the EMPOWER-SE COST Action and the ICSEM Project carried out by the EMES International Research Network since 2013 (Session 1, February 28th, morning).
- Promote international transversal and comparative analyses of social enterprise models across countries and fields (Session 2, February 28th, afternoon).
- Deepen and enlarge the research perimeter to countries which were not covered so far by ICSEM (Session 3, March 1st, morning).
Most presentations planned for Sessions 1 and 2 are rooted in works launched in the framework of the ICSEM Project. However, this WG1 Workshop will offer two ways of adding value:
- Members who are already ICSEM partners are expected to deliver a quasi-final version of their respective papers as the latter will be published as chapters of a joint book on “Social enterprise models in Europe.”
- All participants will discuss and make suggestions in order to help authors improving and finalizing their contributions.
- 1st WG1. Foundations Meeting Program 135 KB - 18 downloads
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Jorge de Sá
Domingos Jorge Ferreira Lopes
José Alberto Pitacas