COST co-organized 3rd EMES - Polanyi International Workshop
Welfare societies in transition. Polanyi revisited through the lens of welfare state, social democracy and solidarity economy.
This is the third edition of this international workshop focused on exploring how a renewed reconciliation between the redistributive capacity of the welfare state and the reciprocal and collective capacities of associative life may form a cornerstone in a new welfare society. As recognized actors of the welfare state, social enterprises (SEs), are likely to play an important role in the reconfiguration under way
The entire workshop was relevant to the EMPOWER-SE community, thematic axes number 3 and 4 explicitly address SEs.
Under axis 3, entitled “Reconfigurations of public action targeting solidarity economy, social enterprise and civil society” we received contributions that explore issues related to new institutional frameworks (laws, public policies…) and their articulation with practices stemming from civil society such as SEs.
As for axis 4, “Solidarity economy, people-centred social innovation and social enterprise”, communications have been encouraged around the explanation and discussion of such notions as people-centred social innovation, participatory approaches to social enterprise, democratically owned enterprises and buen vivir.
More detailed information on
- March 15th, 2018. Notification of acceptance/rejection to authors
- March 15th, 2018. Conference registration opens
- April 9th, 2018. Deadline for Workshop registration
- April 11th, 2018. Deadline for full paper submission
- April 16th, 2018. Beginning of the Workshop
- 3rd EMES Polaniy Preliminary Programme 169 KB - 72 downloads
- 3rd EMES Polaniy Abstract submission template 455 KB - 58 downloads
- 3rd EMES Polaniy Call for Papers 499 KB - 48 downloads