COST co-organized 8th EMES International Research Conference
University of Zaragoza
The conference will bring together research communities from all over the world studying different aspects of the third sector through a variety of theoretical lenses and perspectives.
Social enterprise, cooperative and voluntary action: Bringing principles and values to renew action.
The EMES International Research Network, in partnership with the Empower-SE COST Action, the University of Zaragoza’s GESES-Zaragoza University Research Group (Grupo de Estudios Sociales y Económicos del Tercer Sector), the Social Economy Laboratory LAB_ES and CEPES Aragon are pleased to announce the 8th EMES International Research Conference on the theme “Social enterprise, cooperative and voluntary action: Bringing principles and values to renew action“.
The conference will take place on October 4-7, 2021, at the University of Zaragoza (Zaragoza, Spain). This unique conference aims to be a meeting place for scholars worldwide involved in social enterprise, social and solidarity economy, social entrepreneurship and social innovation research across the globe.
On October 4 we will hold a Transdisciplinary Forum including exchange and dialogue with non-academic local and international stakeholders. There will be a separate booking system for people who are only attending this day while full conference delegates are welcome to attend the Transdisciplinary Forum.
- Line 1. Theoretical foundations of social enterprise, cooperative and voluntary action principles and values: Complimentarities, contradictions and their implications
- Line 2. Sustaining and scaling social, cooperative and voluntary action: Balancing and funding SE principles over time
- Line 3. Values-driven social innovation and entrepreneurship
- Line 4. Multi-Level governance, enabling ecosystems for SE and sustainable development
- Line 5. SE meets the commons: social technologies, collaborative economy and open data
- Line 6. Innovative fields in the SE action: social and health services, sports, etc.
- Line 7. Unleashing the critical and transformative potential of culture and the arts through SE, cooperative and voluntary action
- Line 8. Empowering migrants and harnessing the potential of migration via SEs and voluntary action
- Line 9. SE, popular, and solidarity economies of the Global North and South: transformative movements, radical values and forms of democracy in action
- Line 10. SE research and action under Polanyian principles
- Line 11. Advancements on epistemological, methodological and pedagogic aspects of SE
- Submission of abstracts deadline – 15th March 2021 (new date)
- Notification to authors – 19th April 2021
- Deadline for early-bird registration – 28th May 2021
- Deadline for conference registration for presenters – 25th June 2021
- Full paper submission (for awards) – 25th June 2021
- Program publication – 3rd September 2021
- Deadline for registration for non-presenters – 13th September 2021
- Conference opening – 4th October 2021
- 8EMESconf Call for Papers 1 MB - 17 downloads